Part Time COVID-19 Response Aid
Position Type: Part Time, Immediate Hire
About Great Oaks Charter School Wilmington
The Great Oaks (GO) Charter School – Wilmington opened in downtown Wilmington in the fall of 2015. This school year, Great Oaks – Wilmington serves 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, and 11th grades. In the 2021-2022 school year, Great Oaks will add 12th grade to its enrollment, celebrating its first ever graduating high school class. Great Oaks provides a unique structure of support for its students. Middle school students receive daily individualized instruction from an AmeriCorps tutor to supplement their classroom learning. This commitment to mentorship and individualized learning helps Great Oaks students reach their maximum potential.
Great Oaks Charter School – Wilmington is seeking part time COVID-19 Response Aids for immediate hire to assist with student return to hybrid learning. As students return to the building for a hybrid instructional model, COVID-19 Response Aids will support the School Nurse in the execution of our COVID-19 testing and safety protocols. Aids will be required to work Monday through Thursday from 8am-3:30pm.
COVID-19 Testing Support
- Manage students during morning arrivals, afternoon departures, and COVID-19 testing
- Conduct COVID-19 testing on students and staff
- Data entry for testing results and follow up
- Assist with implementation of mask-wearing and social distancing protocol
- Perform other duties as needed
- A willingness and ability to work in person (COVID-19 precautions will be taken by the school to ensure health and safety)
- A track record of timeliness and professionalism
- Current authorization to work in the United States
- Successful criminal background and child protection check
- Benefits and paid leave are not included with this part-time position